I never liked running. I've always balked at the prospect of that form of exercise, probably because I was never in good enough shape to enjoy it. A couple of months ago I decided to go for a run with my very athletic husband, and I was surprised that I had fun doing it and felt good after. But I busted something inside my knee and it hurt to walk for about three weeks. My knee is finally back to a dull ache rather than explosions of pain in each step, so I've been experimenting with the running. A couple of runs this week have left me feeling hurt-so-good sore, and I think the knee thing is from landing on that leg while it's overextended.
This morning a coworker of mine thought she might mention, woman-to-woman, that a rape had been reported on campus (I live in a college town and work at the university). At 10:30 on a Thursday night, two men grabbed a woman off the sidewalk, shoved her into their car, drove about 10 minutes to a parking lot where they both raped her, and then drove her back to where they first abducted her. My normal running path goes through a part of campus that's about a block from where they grabbed her. Today I feel incredibly stupid about last night, when I ran alone at 9:30 without a cell phone or anything sharp.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
my stomach is turning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment