Have you ever received an e-mail that you weren't the intended recipient of? One time at work I got an e-mail about a meeting clearly intended for a woman that has the same first and last name as me but works in a different office on campus.
And then yesterday I got an e-mail from the older brother of a guy I used to date, and I was all, "Well this is unexpected. I haven't spoken to him for about 7 or 8 years, and even back then I didn't know him very well. I wonder how he even knew my married name to e-mail me." And the e-mail didn't really have anything written in it but there were photos attached. One was of the ex-boyfriend and the brother and a bunch of family members. Another was of the headstone of someone related to him. And then there was one of a girl I went to high school with, dressed up in lingerie and trying to look sexy despite the fact that the background of the photograph was a messy twin-size bed with stuffed teddy bears on a shelf on the wall, screaming to me that the photo dates back to high school. Random: yes. I didn't know that she even knew the guy that sent the e-mail. Embarrassing: yes. She is now married and had a baby recently and here are lingerie pictures of her floating around the internet, reaching innocent unintended recipients and drooling intended recipients alike. And then there was a self portrait of the guy that sent the e-mail, all myspace style with him standing in front of the bathroom mirror and taking the photo of himself, except he is naked, and his penis is erect in his hand, and I'm feeling confident that I was not the intended recipient of this e-mail.
UPDATE: It turns out an ex-girlfriend got a hold of the poor guy's e-mail account, didn't like what she saw, and started sending the photos to everyone he had in his address book. If there's a hell, boy howdy is she due for some heat.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Oh the glory of the internet superhighway
at
3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Lydia, myself, and Danny were also proud recipients of this e-mail. Quite the shock.
Post a Comment