1. I always think recipes call for too much onion. I always use less than I'm supposed to, and I usually think it's still too much.
2. My lovely in-laws gave me a Kitchenaid stand mixer for Christmas. She is cobalt blue, and she looks like this:
She and I have made four loaves of bread and one two-layer cake. We're still getting to know each other, and I'm taking it slow. But I have to add that bread loaves three and four (half white/half wheat with whole flax seeds) were so delicious that I marvelled at their deliciousness with every bite. It makes the best toast I've ever had, swear to god.
3. I am trying to resist eating the average-tasting chocolate chip cookies glaring at me from the counter next to me. I am the unfortunate owner of a receptionist desk out in the middle of an office, and people always dump food around me since everyone in the office passes by. Not only do I have no privacy, I have to suffer everyone else's "generosity." Why on earth do people still make no-bake cookies? Disgusting.
4. I brought half of a green pepper and a Diet Coke Plus for my afternoon snack. When I picked up the fridge pack of the Diet Coke Plus in the grocery store, The Huz gently questioned my choice by asking, "Why don't you just take a fucking multivitamin?" I gently responded, "I'll do that too."
Okay, maybe he didn't use the word fucking at all, but that's how the memory sounds in my head.
5. Why don't hashbrowns in the skillet ever turn out as brown and crispy as they're supposed to?
6. Do you watch tennis? Can you BELIEVE that hunchy Sharapova beating Henin like that? The nerve.
7. Springform pans do not work as well as I imagined they would.
8. I got my hair cut, but I'm having a hard time committing to the extra primping time shorter hair requires.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Time for a list of unrelated items
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
#8: Anton Chigurh
Post a Comment