Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Piece of Prose

"Why the Last Two Days Have Sucked"

I didn't feel like being nice to anyone yesterday. So they weren't nice back.

I packed a bag to go straight to the gym after work. Right before I left work to go to the gym, I realized that I didn't have my gym ID card. They said I could pay the $6 day pass fee when I called on the phone. I walked home to get the card.

I walked to the gym, and every single cardio machine was occupied and reserved for the next two hours. I walked back home and ran outside.

I needed to go sign my lease today, so I took the bus on my lunch hour. On a normal day, the bus in a college town is filled with greasy undergraduates who stink like last night's booze and cigarettes. On a rainy day, the bus in a college town is filled with greasy undergraduates who don't have umbrellas and so they smell like packs of wild dogs that rolled around in mud and then stood outside in the rain and then rolled around in feet.

The Huz also needed to sign the lease, so we met and had lunch. We tried a restaurant that we'd never been to before, and it was awful. I love ethnic food, and I've had and loved Moroccan food before. But this was not good food. Soup at a restaurant should not come from a can. Maybe that's just my belief, but it's a strong belief. And tahini? At a Moroccan restaurant? It should also not come from a can.

And then I rode the bus back to work. Remember the wild dog smell? It was still there in abundance, and this time they could not comprehend why they should move to the back of the bus. It's been a frustrating couple of days. I'm not really one for a hot and sunny day, but here in the depths of a dreary season, I could use the recommended 20 minutes of sunshine.