It's Friday night, and I'm in the library. Again. I'm working through my reading for Contracts next week, and I'm relying on the white noise to drown out the roar from the fraternity next door to my building. The boys have hundreds of the logs used for building things like, oh I don't know, train tressles or something. They're moving these enormous rectangular logs into a shape to contain, I suppose, the great hills of sand that they've had delivered to their parking lot. Beach party for the weekend?
So I'm in the library and I stand up from my carrel to look at what they're doing. I'm on the fourth floor so I'm looking straight down onto the parking lot behind their building. They're wrestling each other on the mountain of sand. Two-by-two they wrestle three rounds, with the winner declared at the end by a bull horn.
As the evening goes on they wrestle over and over, and I step away from my carrel for a few minutes. When I return, I hear the guy with the bullhorn directing one of the younger frat boys to wrestle himself. The bull horn is perfectly audible through the building walls, and I climb up onto a chair to watch this kid wrestle himself. He throws himself down, pretends to have another guy in a head lock, stands up, and throws himself down again. All 50 kids watching cheer him and shout "OOOOOHHHHHHH" when he throws himself down each time. They declare him the victor, and I climb down from my chair to go back to work. The bull horn guy says into his bull horn, "Look! There's someone in the law school!"
Earlier in the evening I knew they couldn't see me because of the lighting, but now that it's dark, my movement catches their attention. Assuming it's me up on the fourth floor they can see, I wave. Bull horn guy shouts "Hi!" into the bull horn, and all 50 frat boys yell "hi" in unison, perfectly audible.
I go back to work.

