Monday, March 19, 2007

I also used to think Chik-fil-A was pronounced "chick-FILL-uh"

Let me preface this public declaration of absent mindedness with the fact that I am on Myspace. I got a desk job that required sitting at a computer all day, and Myspace happened shortly thereafter. Though I've been on the thing for some months, I don't spend all day on it, and I don't use many of the functions. I don't write bulletins, I rarely write on walls, and I don't ask strangers to be my friends. So today when I signed in and was invited to be the friend of a dude I don't know, I started to wonder if maybe I actually do know the guy (he apparently lives in the same city as I do). So I went to his page, and his comment wall was filled with women saying "Do I know you?" and "Thanks for the ad." Well, not quite. They're more like, "thnx 4 tha ad, sexy!" I've read that message on so many walls over the last few months, and I never did get it. What ads? Where are all these ads people are placing for each other? And then it hit me. Adds. Thanks for adding me, a lonely stranger, as your Myspace friend. I don't think I'm going to be friends with him.

No comments: