When I was probably about 14, I participated in my friend's QuinceaƱera. I became wildly infatuated with her cousin who was also in it, and I maintained a pretty sincere crush on him for a while. One of my friends started dating one of his friends, and 5 or 6 of us started hanging out pretty regularly. He was 18 or 19, and in a band, and really cute, and I had it bad. He ultimately decided, quite reasonably, that he could not date me, and though it broke my little heart, I hadn't thought about him in several years. By clicking through Myspace from a friend to one of his friends, I found the guy, and my honest reaction was, "See? You're 29 and I'm 24 and what's the big deal I bet you're sorry."
Conclusion:
1. Wow I am full of myself.
2. Resentment can last decades.
3. I really DID have it bad.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Not so sure getting in touch with the past is such a good thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment