Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Honesty is how you know I care

In a couple of days I'm flying out to visit a girlfriend who lives in Kansas. She works at a zoo in Wichita, and on Saturday I'm going to work with her to "volunteer" (pet as many exotic animals as I can in several hours. Hopefully it'll number somewhere in the hundreds). I've always been a compulsive list maker before I travel (thanks, mom!), and yesterday I began to think about the things I'll need to pack: eye mask and earplugs, jewelry, hair spray. I usually even make lists of what clothes I'll wear what day. She told me I'll need some khaki shorts and comfortable shoes for Saturday at the zoo, and it just hit me that in order to wear shorts in public, I'll have to shave my legs. I honestly could not tell you when I last shaved my legs. I'm sort of embarrassed about it when The Huz gets a look at my hairy legs, looks up at my face, looks at the legs, and then shrugs it off. But come on. There is a thick layer of ice coating my driveway, and my legs haven't seen the light of day in months. I think I just told the internet that my legs are hairy and blindingly white. Awesome.