One day last weekend I woke up with a painfully sore throat, and over the course of this week, the sore throat morphed into a deep cough accompanied by phlegm, sinus pressure, runny nose, and headaches. I can usually kick this kind of thing without going to the doctor, so I've been loaded up with vitamins and liquids (and the occasional dose of nyquil).
I was at the grocery store today restocking my stash of generic dayquil/nyquil, and I noticed Aleve Cold & Sinus. I remembered how much I used to swear by that stuff when I was sick, so I went to grab a box. Unfortunately, that's one of the drugs that you now have to get from behind the pharmacy counter, so I headed up there. They entered my driver's license number onto a form and plugged my data into a computer. I get it, I really do. War on drugs and all that. But my nose is all red, I'm hacking stuff up, and I sound like a duck. The pharmacy people could have at least laughed when I made a joke about cooking meth.

