I pull into the parking lot, and there's a physically-fit thirty-something man carefully stopping his grocery cart in the middle of an empty parking space two spots down from his car. He gently places it next to another abandoned cart and turns to get into his car. As I get out of my car he's opening his door, and I say, "Are you seriously just going to leave your cart out there?"
"Yeah," he slowly said, and the word sounded like a question. "There's another one right there," he argued.
"Oh that makes it okay."
"What? Do you want it?"
"No, but let me just take care of your shit for you."
I only wish that he had gotten in his car and had the grand epiphany of when I do thoughtless things it affects other people, rather that what I'm sure he actually did say, and probably outloud, "What a bitch!"
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Have you ever confronted a stranger for being rude?
at
2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment